Funeral Photo-Collages are pieces of art that families gather around to remember the life of the deceased. They have become staples at most funerals, essential pieces that help connect loved ones still living through memories of those passed. A beautifully designed funeral poster often becomes a gathering place for guests before the service starts & plays an important role in the funeral process. The immediate family is often tasked with the job of creating funeral photo-collage. It’s a simple process but one that can be quite time-consuming and emotionally trying. Here are a few tips to help make the process easier.
1. Make it a family event. Gather your loved ones closest friends and family and spend some time going through photo albums, yearbooks & memory books. Seeing the old photos will help to bring back memories and will encourage everyone to share stories of happy times in your loved ones life. It may also help to inspire ideas for the eulogy.
2. Get a large (30″x40″) thick poster board. Make sure it is at least a 1/2″ thick, you want to make sure it won’t bend when it stands straight on the easel. Double check with your funeral director that they will have easel’s available. Also find out how many easels they have. If they have two, you may consider creating two posters.
3. Begin to glue or tack on the photos. Make sure they are glued well so that they don’t fall off halfway through the service or on the way over in the car. Try to keep it simple. Overloading the collage with too many photos will look messy.
4. Add in any sayings or titles having to do with the photos. You can even add in some of your loved ones favorite quotes.
5. Wrap your finalized photo-collage in a large plastic bag, ensuring all the photos stay put until the service.
Often times, families may find this process difficult or may not have the time or family members wiling to participate. If this is the case, there are many memorial design professionals who can help. All you have to do is gather the photos and let them take care of the rest. Scanning, fixing up old photos and documents, creating a beautiful design, adding text & titles, is all included. Professional photo poster design is a simple process that can help save you time and relieve the stress of the emotional task at hand. A beautifully designed funeral photo collage will become a cherished piece among family & friends & something you can take home afterwards cherish forever.